For the few of you following my (possibly TMI) experimental personal challenge in edging*, an update is offered.
Never have I purposely edged for a prolonged period of time. Frankly, I’m quite a fan of orgasms. Yet, the #juno30days challenge I found on Tumblr enticed me to join the women doing the challenge and I’m happy I did.
The only time I have experienced this much arousal in my life was a few years ago when in a D/s relationship with a wonderful Dom. He made orgasm denial a regular part of our play and edging was exquisite with him.
#juno30days has been an emotional rollercoaster along with intoxicating and even addictive levels of arousal. The required minimum 3 edges of day, according to challenge rules, soon turned into far more times of edging in a day.
A Dom friend kindly gave me a few assignments that enhanced the edging experience, too. One particularly long and challenging assignment seemed to drive me into the coveted ‘subspace’ of arousal and overstimulation on every level. For many days afterward, my body reminded me of Him and His intense challenge every time I sat down or moved a certain way. The pleasure from that assignment lasted way longer than the actual time assigned to it.
A few days into the #juno30days challenge, the rabid need for an orgasm left me and arousal was all I wanted. At one point during this challenge, I considered prolonging orgasm denial well beyond the end of the challenge.
Then a shift came yet again. This last week, I found my emotions rather distressed. The longing for an orgasm returned in the extreme about 4 days ago. Tension built in my body and heavy emotions grew and began to outpace the luscious arousal of edging. A not happy and somewhat desperate feeling grew in me. As I am normally not unhappy, or desperate emotionally, or insecure, this was a miserable state to be in, particularly as it was self-imposed.
So, today, Day 25 of the #juno30days edging challenge, I enjoyed fantastically explosive orgasms several times. The built up tension in my body and emotions immediately dissipated to be replaced by happiness, bliss and what I call lovely ‘yesness’ moving through me. Even a few hours later, I feel energized, tingly and aroused.
I’m glad I didn’t force myself to complete 30 days just to stick to the challenge. In the past, I’d not have let myself end early feeling it would be a mark of failure. Fortunately, the wisdom of ending a few days early won over self-imposed competitiveness.
I learned some things about myself during this time of edging:
– edging is an incredibly powerful tool of pleasure and arousal, more than I previously perceived
– constant sexual arousal is addictive (for me) and rather hard to manage around work, business and relationships!
– I can get out of balance with edging without guidance
– emotions are more strongly affected and manipulated by sexual arousal than I previously understood
– I willingly (and eagerly?) cooperate with and even desire engaging in sexual activities which were previously a hard ‘no’ when I’m wildly aroused during edging time periods
– I am probably better suited for long-term orgasm denial when in a steady D/s relationship, i.e., either in-person lover or steady LDR
The practice of edging will remain part of my pleasure experience when I wish it.
One of the biggest surprises for me during this challenge was my willingness to complete the assignment from my Dom friend which held a few things I’ve firmly said ‘no’ to in the past when asked by others. I.E. mild pain and anal play / sex. Heightened arousal created a willingness in me that still surprises me.
When I am blessed with another D/s relationship, I hope edging and orgasm denial plays a big role in it. The giving and serving part of me loves yielding the power of pleasure to my Dom in the way which suits him.
I strongly recommend exploring the art of edging for pleasure either on your own or with a partner. The arousal may make you purr.
Perhaps edging will rekindle tamped down fires between long-term partners. How lovely would that be? I read many accounts of just that from others participating in the #juno30days challenge.
* In case the term ‘edging’ is unfamiliar to you, this simply means the act of either giving one’s self sexual pleasure or receiving sexual pleasure from another whilst stopping just before orgasm occurs. The intended purpose is to increase and prolong one’s state of arousal and pleasure. In the D/s world, orgasm denial is a powerful tool between Dom and submissive on many different levels. Google the term or search ‘female orgasm denial’ on Tumblr for more information.